Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Memorial Day Weekend

I had a wonderful Memorial Day weekend, and I hope that you did too.

I was honored to photograph Mike and Emma's wedding near Huron on Saturday.



My good friend Cathy Logue also joined me for the photo event.



Cathy did a wonderful job capturing many unique images. I hope to be able to work with her again in the future!

Sunday night friends joined us for a really large bonfire. Everything went smoothly and I believe that all had a good time. The kids got to eat way more chocolate and marshmallows than they probably should have and the adults were all in good company. And everyone stayed warm.



And to those in the armed services, thank you for your time. I do appreciate it. I wanted to also share the story of a veteran featured on the Memorial Day edition of the Today Show. This man was part of a crew of five in a military humvee attacked by a roadside bomb. He was the only survivor. This man experienced burns to 30% of his body and endured numerous surgeries and physical therapy. Now, he's turned his experience into material for stand up comedy. This segment will choke a person up, but its phenomenal. Please take a moment to check it out on the Today Show website.

If you spent the weekend remembering someone you've lost, my sympathy to your family. We've all lost loved ones. I think that spending time with people that you care about is the best way to spend holiday weekends like this one. Its about creating as many memories as you can.

No comments: